THOMAS VAN, Esq. | Sr. Associate
Thomas Van is a senior litigation attorney with 20 years of experience in successfully handling cases for Fortune 500 companies and individual clients in a broad range of complex litigation in both state and Federal courts, from trial through appeal. Van’s expertise encompasses all areas of litigation relating to financial services, mortgage banking, loan origination and servicing, commercial and personal asset management, contract disputes, bankruptcy, title insurance, land use, real estate transactions, medical malpractice, pharmaceutical and medical products liability, and regulatory compliance matters.
Van graduated from the UCLA School of Law in 2000, where he received Moot Court Honors, and assisted in the prosecution of toxic polluters as a law clerk with the Environment Section of the California Attorney General’s Office. In 1996, Van graduated UCLA with a Bachelor of Arts in History and Specialization in Asian American Studies. During his undergraduate studies, Van was interned with the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Special Litigation Section, and volunteered extensively with UCLA Unicamp to bring the joy of the great outdoors to underprivileged children. In keeping his commitment to giving back and connecting with the community, Van volunteers with the Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County, and he is a member of the Orange County Bar Association and California Lawyer’s Association.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law – (J.D. 2000)
- University of California, Los Angeles – (B.A. 1996)
Admissions & Memberships
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Professional Organizations:
- Orange County Bar Association
- California Lawyer’s Association